15 LIFE LESSONS I LEARNT FROM SEX AND THE CITY.
So basically everyone on this planet has seen, or at least heard of Sex and The City, which is of course possibly the best possible show on the planet! I don’t know about you, but I am still hoping for a third film, why is it not here yet? *sob*. However, we can still ponder upon what the greatest show on earth has taught us, and here are some that I’ve put together:
1. Your friends are always by your side no matter what. Carrie through all the Big episodes, Samantha when she had cancer, Charlotte when she was struggling to conceive, and Miranda when she unexpectedly got pregnant from a one night stand. These ladies went through everything and still came through it even stronger than before, which is why girls should stick together rather than talk behind each other’s backs. You never know who could become your best friend!
2. Charlotte came up with one of the best insults that was possibly the biggest burn ever when she saw Big in the first film. Definitely kept that one reserved for any scumbag ex-boyfriends of friends!
3. Sometimes we just need to shop. After all, Carrie said shopping is her cardio, so why can’t it be ours too?
4. Being single isn’t the end of the world; we can still have fun when single. Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda and especially Samantha all did it pretty damn well!
5. Get rid of those that don’t respect you. Look at Aleksandr Petrovsky and Carrie: she upped and moved her whole life to Paris with him (ok, doesn’t sound too bad so far), but then he never spent any time with her, he said that she wasn’t his friend but only his ‘lover’, and then to top it all off, he didn’t respect that Carrie wanted to have her own interests rather than just talk about his career all the time. Au revoir Mr Petrovsky!
6. It’s ok not to be perfect… Even if you do have the perfect wardrobe!
7. Cosmopolitans are the best drink in the world, because d’uh?
8. Apparently even some of the best single people can ‘catch’ monogamy á la Samantha.
9. There are absolutely no boundaries between true friends.
10. Sometimes you need to swear on Chanel.
11. Friends never judge each other.
12. Carrie summed up what ultimately most of us are looking for either now or sometime in the future:
13. Be independent and in control of your own finances. The SATC ladies all had amazing jobs and made investments to ensure their financial stability without relying on anyone else!
14. NEVER ask a girl to clear out her wardrobe. Our faces definitely would’ve matched Carrie’s, even if we don’t have the same designer wardrobe…
15. Charlotte famously said “It’s infuriating! Women sit around, obsessing about what went wrong, while men just say ‘alrighty’ and move on” – therefore we need to learn to not obsess and chill out!