THINGS YOU WILL ONLY UNDERSTAND IF YOU LIVE WITH GIRLS
In my first year of university I landed in a flat with four very loud but wonderful girls. Very quickly we all learnt that we had a lot of things in common: drinking, dancing, cheesy music, pizza, strawberry laces, and a love for Bake Off. Since day one, our friendships have remained strong, and we still happily live together- we’re just one crazy family.
In commemoration of this university-long living arrangement, I have compiled a list of things you will only understand unless you’ve lived under the same roof as a bunch of girls- enjoy!
- My clothes are your clothes. Preparing for a night out consists of everyone in the house running between rooms swapping skirts, lending jewellery and generally sharing the entirety of their wardrobes. Sharing is caring!
- Hair gets EVERYWHERE. On the floor, in the shower, occasionally in food. Mr Muscle drain-unblocker becomes an absolute necessity.
- Every morning begins with the sound of numerous hair-dryers and that sweet smell of burning hair- nice!
- Those occasional battles for the shower, twinned with some terrible bathroom singing.
- Those morning- after de-briefs on the sofa where everyone is clutching a pint of water and eating last night’s dominoes for breakfast- we have no shame.
- Every spare radiator becomes a drying space for knickers, and a variety of brightly coloured Primark pyjamas.
- A whole host of cheesy pre drinks – cue Spice Girls dance routine and kitchen utensils for microphones!
- There are so many hair products and razors in the shower there is barely any room to stand.
- Knowing at least one person in the house will want to re-live their childhood and watch a Disney film with you. This is then followed by a lengthy discussion about which princess you would be – Anastasia all the way!
10. When emotions are running high, everyone knows there is nothing that some chocolate waffles and Ben& Jerry’s can’t sort out!