HEALTHY MEAL OPTIONS: 40 SECOND PIZZA
Sometimes all you crave is a takeaway, but even with 50% off they are still expensive! Not to mention that the pizza can be 2000 calories without any sides. So what can you do to curve that craving without gaining pounds or debt? This recipe for a 40 second pizza has all of the items can also be used in other meals, which not only minimizes your wastage but keeps those all-important costs low!
1 microwaveable plate
You will need:
- 2 Ryvita Original crackers
- Some tomato salsa (I used the Old Del Paso bottle salsa).
- About 10-15 grams of cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 slice of Parma ham
- 1/3 bell pepper in the colour of your choice
What to do:
- Place your Ryvita’s on the microwavable plate.
- Next spread some salsa on each cracker until each one has a decent covering
- Cut your pepper into strips and place them on-top of each cracker.
- Next tear the slice of Parma ham into pieces and place them on each crack.
- Now sprinkle your cheese on top
- Finally, place the plate in the microwave and heat for 40 seconds, or until the cheese has melted.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can select whatever toppings you see fit.
- Tomatoes are great metabolism boosters.
- Normal ham is cheaper than Parma ham if you’re watching your money.
- If you want some more substance with your meal, prepare a mixed salad using the rest of the pepper that is leftover. Just add some lettuce, tomato, cucumber and you’re good to go!
- You don’t have to use cheddar; you can also use other cheeses.
- If you’re having a sleepover or a party, simple sprinkle the rest on the cheese on top of some tortilla crisps (Tesco do a bag for around 35p) and place in the microwave until the cheese is melted, top with the left over salsa and then you’ve got lots of nibbles.
- Vegetarians; you can make this pizza; just scrap the meat and ad your favourite veggie alternative!
- For those who are lactose intolerant; look for Lactofree cheese in your supermarket of choice, that way you can still enjoy this meal.