WHY BEING SINGLE ON VALENTINE’S DAY IS RAD
So, are you spending Valentine’s Day alone this year? Do you feel a little bit sorry for yourself because you don’t have someone to spend the day sprinkling you with love? Well don’t, because I’m here to give you 10 reasons why being a singleton on Valentine’s Day is rad!
- You don’t have to worry about trying to book a last minute reservation at some restaurant because you both thought the other had already sorted it.
- You don’t have to spent 5 hours getting ready or trying to squeeze yourself into last years dress that you’re 100% sure fitted last week because the only person who’s going to see you is you and let’s be honest, you’re not going to judge yourself if you look a little bit like a slob.
- You don’t have to go out and see all the overly lovey dovey couples who genuinely make you feel a little sick.
- You can buy yourself something that you actually really want.
- YOU DON’T HAVE TO SHARE ANY OF YOUR CHOCOLATE.
- In fact, you can eat all the junk food you want to without being judged or having to appear lady-like.
- You can drink as much wine (or any other alcoholic beverage of your fancy) as you want. (Pro tip – save on the washing up and drink straight from the bottle #classy)
- You have nobody to argue with about what movie you want to watch.
- Let’s be honest, you don’t even have to leave your bed for the whole day, why would you even want to when your bed is the only one who has always been there for you, spend the day fully appreciating each other.
- You can do whatever you want; you are a strong independent person who doesn’t answer to anyone (except maybe your mother). Spend the whole day loving yourself and recognizing how awesome you are, even if you are dressed like a slob, surrounded by empty chocolate wrappers, a half bottle of wine while weeping to The Notebook, because in all honesty, it can only go up from here.
So whether you’re single or not this Valentines Day, have an awesome day with whatever you decide to do.