PITTA PIZZA RECIPE
By Anne-Marie Lees.
Pitta bread is a student essential. It’s a great snack and you can make some easy lunches with it but have you ever considered turning them into a pizza?
What you’ll need is:
- Pitta Bread (One pack should be enough)
- A tube of Tomato Puree
- Grated Cheese
- Any toppings
How you do it:
- Preheat you oven to 200 degrees or Gas Mark 6.
- Place your Pitta bread on to a baking tray (I line mine with parchment paper but i’m a baker so I always have it in my draw).
- Squirt some tomato puree onto the pitta bread and use the back of a teaspoon/knife and spread the puree until even. Sprinkle as much cheese on as you like.
- When ready place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted enough to your liking. Remove from the oven and serve with a side of oven chips and a dollop of coleslaw or with a healthy side salad. Or even on their own!
They are delicious, quick and simple. Perfect for those on the go or during exam season.